Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Sweet Bites...

 Hello All,

I really wanted homemade, freshly baked cookies yesterday.  The weather was perfect for it, rainy, cloudy and a nice cool breeze all day. Unfortunately, I didn't have all of the ingredients that the recipe called for, mainly the flour.  I did, however, have a box of Duncan Hines, devils food cake mix on hand....

Now, I have been wanting to make Cake Mix cookies for the longest, so I was so excited to try them.

The recipe is short and sweet:

1 Box of Devils Food cake mix
2 eggs
1/3 cup of vegetable oil
1/2 cup of chocolate chips
1/2 cup dried cherries


Preheat the oven to 350

Mix everything together very well.  You've got to really put some elbow grease into it, the matter gets really thick.

When everything is incorporated nicely, add your chips and cherries.  Fold them into the batter and place a tablespoon of batter onto a cookie sheet. I used a melon baller.  About nine will fit.


bake for 11 min. 


Cherry chocolate chip cookies! Enjoy!


Bye for now,


Loren








 

No comments:

Post a Comment